- Size of the photograph to be postcard size or above.
- Photograph can be colour / black & white.
- Only Self clicked Photograph will be eligible.
- Photograph from internet or any other source will be disqualified.
- One person can send maximum 3 entries.
- Description along with the photograph is mandatory.
- Amar Ujala holds the right to withdraw the contest anytime.
- Terms & conditions can be modified without any prior information.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original
material taken by the Contest entrant.
- The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the
circumstances in which the photograph was taken.
- Watermarks are not acceptable.
- By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and
warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created
solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the
copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or
intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other
party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of
the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually
explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Entrants agree that this Contest shall be subject to and governed by
the laws of the Government of India and the forum for any dispute shall
be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Delhi.
- By entering, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official
Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final and binding with
respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if the entrant
wins that Sponsor may use the winning photographs and each winner's
name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising
relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or
approval (except where prohibited by law).
- All federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and
surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income,
sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the
- In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are
ineligible, cannot be traced or does/do not respond within ten (10) days
to a winner notification or refuses the prize, the prize will be
forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to
award the prize to another entrant.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the validity and
originality of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant's identity
and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is
not in accordance with these Official Rules or who tampers with the
entry process. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at
any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Amar Ujala can resell, re-purpose credits of usage of these photos
in print or online.
Right to cancel or suspend contest
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as
planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses,
denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud,
technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Amar Ujala
Publications Limited that corrupt or affect the administration,
security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Amar
Ujala Publications Limited reserves the right, at its sole discretion,
to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process,
and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Sponsor
elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, Sponsor will not retain any
rights in the submitted photographs, and will return the fees submitted
with each entry.
Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address,
may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within
the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these
Official Rules. The data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to
verify the participant's identity, mail address, and other information
or to otherwise verify the participant's eligibility to participate in