Amar Ujala World Photography Day Contest is open for all Indian residents those have interest in photography and who are 18 years old or older- except for individuals affiliated with the Amar Ujala Publications Limited, including employees, interns, volunteers, fellows and their immediate families (children, siblings and spouses) and others living in their households- are eligible. Winners will get cash prizes and selected 25 participants will get a chance to participate in Photography Workshop. Amar Ujala Publications will announce the workshop dates with the list of winners.
How to participate
- Please submit photographs through our web site at http://photos.amarujala.com/. We do not accept photographs submitted through the e-mail.
- Submit no more than ten (10) photographs per category.
- Photographs must be in digital format.
- Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest.
- Photographs must be in a .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant.
- The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken.
- Watermarks are not acceptable.
- By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Entrants agree that this Contest shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the Government of India and the forum for any dispute shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Delhi.
- By entering, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if the entrant wins that Sponsor may use the winning photographs and each winner's name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law).
- All federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
- In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible, cannot be traced or does/do not respond within ten (10) days to a winner notification or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the validity and originality of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant's identity and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Official Rules or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Amar Ujala can resell; re-purpose credits of usage of these photos in print or online. Wherever amarujala.com receives any money for such a transaction, company will pay the photographer a onetime fee.
Right to cancel or suspend contest
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Amar Ujala Publications Limited that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Amar Ujala Publications Limited reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Sponsor elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, Sponsor will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs, and will return the fees submitted with each entry.
- Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to verify the participant's identity, mail address, and other information or to otherwise verify the participant's eligibility to participate in the Contest.